No matter where I am, as long as there is some form of power source to operate a computer, I have access to some of the best Puritan and Reformed literature available.
The high level of educational and scholarly functionality, combined with a marvelous library of over 12,500 top Puritan and Reformed resources and an extremely reasonable price, really makes obtaining the Puritan Hard Drive a stewardship issue. It is almost as if God is saying, "Here is a tool that will lead you to more truth faster than ever before. Make the best possible use of it and bring much glory to My Name." (2 Timothy 2:15, Ephesians 5:16).
PASTOR GREG L. PRICE REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
"I was one of those who had profited much from using the plethora of out-of-print Reformation materials offered by Still Waters Revival Books in the 62 CDs (Puritan CDs and Reformation CDs) for a number of years in my ministry -- works that I could only have found in select libraries (usually hundreds of miles away from my residence).
With the CDs, it took a little while to go to the index of each set, locate the documents I needed, and then find the correct CD. Of course, the time was always well spent in finding that particular document that I needed.
However, now that I have the Puritan Hard Drive, I am able to use my time much more efficiently in finding that particular document I need by quickly searching for it and finding it in a matter of seconds. It's like going from "dial up" to "high-speed" Internet!
And for all of those documents that have a font that are in block letters, I am able to simply cut and paste from the Puritan Hard Drive to my own document with ease.
Amazing surprises do come in small packages!
If you want to understand Reformed theology (i.e., the whole counsel of God) the Puritan Hard Drive is unsurpassed, outside the Bible itself. The First and Second Reformations gave us the most faithful Scriptural teaching and preaching since the time of the Apostles, and there is no other resource, outside Scripture itself, where you can find so much of God's truth as in the Puritan Hard Drive.
May the Lord continue to use this most profitable tool to promote a Third Reformation that encompasses the whole world (Isaiah 2:2-4)!"
- Greg L. Price (Author, Theologian, Covenanted Presbyterian Pastor, USA) Free online books, MP3s and videos by Greg Price and at Sermonaudio (SWRB considers Greg Price to be the most doctrinally sound preacher alive today, because he holds completely to the original Westminster Standards and all the biblical attainments of the Second or Covenanted Reformation.)
"Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing." - Philippians 3:16, which applies just as much to the family, the church and the state, as it does to the individual.
DR. JOEL BEEKE REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
"The Puritan Hard Drive is a massive collection of primary Puritan resources, dozens of which are very hard to find anywhere else in the world.
Any lover of Puritan literature, which, more than any other body of literature ever written, powerfully expands our minds, convicts our consciences, allures our hearts, and moves our hands, will find a treasure trove here."
- Dr. Joel R. Beeke, President and Professor of Systematic Theology and Homiletics at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (click here for free MP3 seminary lectures and sermons by Dr. Beeke), Author of many important Reformed books (including the must read, Meet the Puritans: With A Guide to Modern Reprints), Editorial Director at Reformation Heritage Books, Editor of the Banner of Sovereign Grace Truth magazine and Pastor of Heritage Netherlands Reformed Congregation in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA.
PASTOR BRAIN SCHWERTLEY REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
"I would like to commend our brothers at Still Waters Revival Books for putting together the most complete collection of classic and rare Puritan and Covenanter works.
We should rejoice to see so many long out of print works finally available in an easily affordable and searchable format. No longer do we solely have to wait for expensive reprints to trickle out one at a time, year by year.
Every scholar, pastor, elder and professing Christian should take a great interest in the Puritan Hard Drive, for it sets before us the golden age of Protestant piety, preaching and scholarship. Everyone should benefit from the labors of these dear, departed saints."
- Pastor Brian Schwertley, Westminster Presbyterian Church (Waupaca County, Wisconsin), Author, Debater, Theologian, Conference Speaker, etc. Free MP3 sermons and free reformed books by Brian Schwertley are here, here, here and here.
JERRY JOHNSON REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
"If you search the Internet for Reformed and Puritan works you will inevitably see a banner for a product called the Puritan Hard Drive. I often thought, "why would I want to purchase a hard drive when so much of the information (probably) contained on it could be easily found with a free search on the Internet?" Was I ever wrong!
The Puritan Hard Drive is the best resource money can buy.
It is easy, simple to use and the search feature cut down my time searching web pages that had absolutely nothing to do with the query I typed into the search engine. Not to mention a lot of the material is not accessible on the Internet.
To have so many books and articles at my fingers-tips is both truly amazing and a blessing. The Puritan Hard Drive just added thousands of volumes that I never could afford, nor store, to my library.
If you, like me, love the Puritans and Reformed theology, then the Puritan Hard Drive is simply a resource that you cannot live without."
- Jerry Johnson (President of Nicene Council, Seminary Professor, Author, Video Producer, etc.) See Amazing Grace: The History & Theology of Calvinism and The Myth of Neutrality (free video at Against the World).
type in an author, do you type in a word, a topic, what do you do?
"Still Waters Revival Books has performed an astonishing feat in pulling together a massive collection of books and other resources.
Let me tell you how absolutely fantastic the Puritan Hard Drive really is.
This is a treasure trove for a local church pastor.
The search ability is beyond my expectation.
I was just on the island of Iona where Columba established a missionary outpost sending evangelists all over Britain. Searching the hard drive for "Columba" added much to my understanding of this great leader through the eyes of Spurgeon and many others.
Thank you so much... for going to the trouble to make this available.
I am greatly improved by it and I anticipate the pace of worldwide reformation to be improved as well."
I blogged about it here:
Below is the blog post from the link above:
"On my way across the ocean to study the reformation with Doug Phillips, I did not have a suitcase of books as I usually do. I was lamenting that fact at the airline ticket counter and my daughter Claudia said to me, "Papa, close your eyes and step into the new world." Well, let me confess: on my computer I have approximately 13,000 puritan and reformed books which I have acquired through my son downloading ebooks and a gigantic collection put together by Reg Barrow from Still Waters Revival Books. I am now like Abdul Kassem Ismael, Grand Vizier of Persia who, in the tenth century, carried his library with him wherever he went. The 117,000 volumes were carried by 400 camels which were trained to walk in alphabetical order."
- Pastor Scott Brown (M.Div.), Hope Baptist Church (NC, USA), Director of the National Center for Family Integrated Churches (NCFIC), and Conference Speaker (who speaks at conferences alongside other Reformed ministers like Joel Beeke, Paul Washer, Doug Phillips, Jeff Pollard, et al.) See Tear Down Your Father's Idol: The Rough Road to Real Reformation and Paganism, Syncretism, in the Church, Family and Education by Scott Brown (free MP3). Click here to see an additional short video of Scott Brown talking with a friend about the Puritan Hard Drive.
DR. STEVEN DILDAY REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
"For a number of years now, I have followed, and benefited from, the work of Still Waters Revival Books, particularly the Reformation and Puritan Bookshelf CD sets... and now the Puritan Hard Drive.
The Puritan Hard Drive is a remarkable accomplishment!
The common Christian can now have a world-class Presbyterian and Reformed library at his fingertips, for only pennies per volume.
I do not think that it is an exaggeration to say that the Puritan Hard Drive presents an historic and singular opportunity.
The works on the Puritan Hard Drive have been invaluable to me in sermon preparation and in improving personal and familial piety. If these had been the only blessings attached to the reading of these documents, the expense (even if it had been much greater) would have been justified; but there is more here.
In this present time, a great many Presbyterians (particularly in North America) have forgotten and implicitly (perhaps unwittingly) rejected their Presbyterian heritage. Strangely, Westminster confessing churches have rejected the theological distinctives of the Westminster Standards.
Although the Westminster Assembly produced a beautiful statement of soteriological Calvinism, the histories clearly demonstrate that soteriology was not the principle focus, nor chief interest, of the Assembly. The Westminster Assembly was primarily concerned with uniformity in worship (in accordance with the Regulative Principle), the form of church government (Presbyterianism jus divinum), and Church-State relations (the Establishment Principle). It is a sad irony that the great and distinctive attainments of the Westminster Assembly have been ignored and rejected by so many Westminster confessing churches.
However, we may yet entertain the hope that these great attainments are rejected largely because of ignorance. The best books on these subjects have not been readily available; but (thanks be to God) they are available again on the Puritan Hard Drive.
For anyone interested in recovering our Presbyterian and Reformed past, the Puritan Hard Drive is a must.
It is my hope and prayer that the Puritan Hard Drive will be used by God to bring to light the things that were hidden, to call to remembrance the things that were forgotten."
- Dr. Steven Dilday, Pastor of Liberty and Grace Reformed Church in Northern Virginia (free MP3 sermons online at https://www.sermonaudio.com/PRCNOVA) and founder of Liberty and Grace Reformed Theological Seminary (with distance learning).Dr. Dilday is currently translating (from Latin to English) the "Synopsis" written by the Puritan Divine, Matthew Poole. This project when completed will consist of approximately 82 volumes. Many free MP3s messages by Dr. Dilday are also at: HISTORY OF HOLY DAYS (CHRISTMAS, EASTER, CHRISTIAN SABBATH, JEWS, etc.), IDOLATRY, ICONOCLASM, etc., The History of the Service of Song: Real Reformation, Faithful Worship And Praising The Lord Jesus Christ Through Songs by Dr. Steven Dilday and a collection of some of Dr. Dilday's most important messages at Sermonaudio.