The Roman Catholic (Jesuit) Origins of Futurism and Preterism
Scroll down on landing pages to reach all the free Reformation resources.
Apocalyptic Interpretation from the Original Covenanter and Contending Witness magazine. (Explains, in summary form, the six main theories of Apocalyptic interpretation, while also citing the originators of each system.)
Best Free Reformed Audio Commentaries On Revelation and Eschatology By Contemporary Reformed Ministers Dr. Steven Dilday, W.J. Mencarow and Greg Price (Free MP3s, PDFs, Videos, Etc.)
Biblical Prophecy (Postmillennialism and Historicism), Pastor Jim Dodson, 44 Remarkable Free MP3s About Classic Reformation Eschatology
Perfect Historical Fulfillments Of Prophecies, In the Book of Revelation, Regarding the Rise, Expansion and Fall Of Islam
Mind-Blowing Biblical Prophecy Fulfilled To the Very Hour! God's Omnipotence, Omniscience, Omnisapience, Etc., On Display In the Perfect Historical Fulfillments Of Prophecies, In Revelation, Regarding the Rise, Expansion and Fall Of Islam and the Papal Antichrist, and Much More, By Dr. Steven Dilday, Jonathan Edwards, Charles Spurgeon, W.J. Mencarow, John Owen, Greg Price, John Calvin, George Gillespie (Westminster Divine), J.A. Wylie, Richard Bennett, John Foxe, David Steele and Others (Free Reformed MP3s, Videos and Books)
- "Now, Christians, the more great and glorious things you expect from God, as the downfall of antichrist, the conversion of the Jews, the conquest of the nations to Christ, the breaking of all yokes, the new Jerusalem's coming down from above, the extraordinary pouring out of the Spirit, and a more general union among all saints, the more holy, yea, the more eminently holy in all your ways and actings it becomes you to be." - Thomas Brooks, The Crown and Glory of Christianity, 1662, CompleteWorks, 1867, p. 444, as cited in Iain Murray's The Puritan Hope: Revival and the Interpretation of Prophecy, p. 84). Thomas Brooks Works are also on the Puritan Hard Drive
Is Popery the Antichrist? or The Tendency of Prophecy to Describe Things According to the Reality, Rather that the Appearance or Profession, by Patrick Fairbairn (Classic Protestant Historicism demonstrating why both futurism and preterism are hermeneutically flawed.)
Antichrist Unmistakably Revealed, by Pastor Greg Price, John Calvin, Dr. Steven Dilday, John Owen, W.J. Mencarow, Jonathan Edwards, Charles Spurgeon, J.A. Wylie, Richard Bennett, John Foxe, George Gillespie, David Steele and Others
On Revelation, the Overthrow Of Antichrist, and the Eschatology Of Victory, by Jonathan Edwards
Antichrist, Revelation, Eschatology, Prophecy, Man of Sin and the Early Church Fathers by Dr. Steven Dilday (Free MP3)
It is generally recognized that Preterism was first systematized by the Roman Catholic Jesuit, Luis de Alcasar, in his commentary on Revelation (1614 a.d.). Alcasar applied the principles of Preterism to the Book of Revelation in identifying the Beast, the False Prophet and Mystery Babylon with past historical events in order to shield the papacy from the Protestant interpretive system (called "Historicism") which identified the man of sin, the antichrist, the False Prophet and Mystery Babylon with the papacy and the Roman Catholic Church. Even Professor Moses Stuart, one of the chief and earliest proponents of Preterism in the United States, noted in his commentary on Revelation (1845 a.d.) the following in regard to the Jesuit, Alcasar (Vol. 1, pp. 463,464): "It might of course be expected, that the Romish church would not be idle, while the Protestant interpreters were so busy in applying the beast and the false prophet of the Apocalypse to the papacy. . . But no one had ever developed this idea [of Preterism-GLP] fully, and endeavored to illustrate and enforce it, in such a way as Alcassar. . . It might be expected, that a commentary which thus freed the Romish church from the assaults of Protestants, would be popular among the advocates of the papacy. Alcassar met, of course, with general approbation and reception among the Romish community." - God's Gracious Covenant With Israel #17 (Partial & Full Preterism Refuted #1) by Greg Price (Free MP3)
PRETERISM REFUTED (THE DEFINITIVE REFUTATION OF PARTIAL PRETERISM AND FULL PRETERISM, A DAMNABLE HERESY ALSO KNOW AS HYPER-PRETERISM OR HYMENAEISM), FREE AUDIO AND TEXT OF SERMONS BY GREG PRICE (18 FREE MP3s and PDFs), WITH MORE FREE REFORMED MP3s, BOOKS AND VIDEOS ABOUT ESCHATOLOGY BY JOHN CALVIN, WESTMINSTER DIVINES, DR. STEVEN DILDAY, JOHN OWEN, W.J. MENCAROW, JONATHAN EDWARDS, JIM DODSON, CHARLES SPURGEON, DR. FRANCIS N. LEE, J.A. WYLIE, RICHARD BENNETT, JOHN FOXE, GEORGE GILLESPIE, DAVID STEELE, E.B. ELLIOTT AND OTHERS
FREE MP3s & PDFs: PRETERISM REFUTED - PARTIAL PRETERISM & FULL PRETERISM REFUTED - PASTOR GREG PRICE
Islam in the Book of Revelation: An Historic Look at Protestant Eschatological Thought on the Rise and Fall of Islam by E. B. Elliott, Alexander M'Leod, David Steele et al.
Jonathan Edwards Defends Classic Reformation Eschatology: Historicism and Postmillennialism
The anti-Christian leaven, which has been so extensively diffused, shall be purged out of both the churches and the nations. Every usurper of the rights and prerogatives of Sion's King shall be pushed from his seat. Every rival kingdom shall be overthrown. The civil and ecclesiastical constitutions of the earth shall be regulated by the infallible standard of God's word; their office-bearers, of every kind, shall acknowledge the authority of Messiah the Prince; and the greatest kings on earth shall cast their crowns at his feet. All enemies shall be put under his feet; and such as resist the melting influence of his grace, shall be crushed beneath the iron rod of his power. By spiritual conversion or judicial destruction, he shall effect the entire subjugation of the globe. And, at the last, there shall not be a spot on the face of the habitable earth where the true church of Christ shall not have effected a footing, nor a single tribe of the vast family of man which shall not have felt the meliorating and blissful influence of Christian laws and institutions. - William Symington,Messiah the Prince or, The Mediatorial Dominion of Jesus Christ (Still Waters Revival Books,  1990), pp. 185-86.
Who Is the Beast of Revelation & 666? By Greg Price (5 Free MP3s)
The Jesuits (4 of 4) Inquisition, Roman Catholic Terrorism, Torture, Martyrs, Luther, Calvin, Etc. From The History of Protestantism, by J. A. Wylie (Free SWRB MP3)
- "There was no disguise they (the Jesuits) could not assume, and therefore, there was no place into which they could not penetrate. They could enter unheard the closet of the Monarch, or the Cabinet of the Statesman. They could sit unseen in convocation or General Assembly, and mingle unsuspected in the deliberations and debates. There was no tongue they could not speak, and no creed they could not profess, and thus there was no people among whom they might not sojourn, and no church whose membership they might not enter and whose functions they might not discharge. They could execrate [i.e., sharply denounce] the Pope with the Lutheran, and swear the Solemn League with the Covenanter." - J.A. Wylie (Author of the book The History of Protestantism, 3 Volumes), on the Puritan Hard Drive)
The Jesuits (1 of 4) From The History of Protestantism by J. A. Wylie (Free SWRB MP3)
The Jesuits (2 of 4) From The History of Protestantism by J. A. Wylie (Free SWRB MP3)
The Jesuits (3 of 4) From The History of Protestantism by J. A. Wylie (Free SWRB MP3)
History of the Jesuits, by Dr. J. A. Wylie LL.D. (on the Puritan Hard Drive)
A Jesuit: "Now we have planted the Sovereign Drug Arminianism, OUR FOUNDATION IS ARMINIANISM." - Arminianism Another Gospel (Free MP3 & PDF)
ARMINIAN PERSECUTION OF CALVINISTS, COVENANTERS & PURITANS: EXAMPLES IN HISTORY OF HOW ARMINIANISM'S (JESUIT, ROMAN CATHOLIC, EPISCOPAL, PAPAL ANTICHRIST) RAGE AGAINST CALVINISM LED TO THE IMPRISONMENT, TORTURE, EXILE, & MARTYRDOM OF FAITHFUL CHRISTIANS
Democrat Plan to Aggressively Persecute Conservative Christians (Video)
Scroll down on landing pages to reach all the free Reformation resources.
Democrats Demanding Biden Clamp Down on Conservative Christians, Remove Them From Public Office and Re-educate Trump Voters
- Excerpt: A group backed by congressional Democrats touting a “Secular America” has sent a 28-page document to the Biden transition team ... The group, calling themselves the Secular Democrats of America, sent the letter to Biden’s team under the title “Restoring Constitutional Secularism and Patriotic Pluralism in the White House: Prepared exclusively by Secular Democrats of America PAC for President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris Transition Team.” The document, presented by Reps Jamie Raskin, D-Md., and Jared Huffman, D-Calif., and endorsed by Rep. Jerry McNerney, D-Calif., states that an incoming Biden administration must “educate the American public,” particularly those identified as the “religious right,” on the need to keep their “religious dogma” to themselves. The document calls for a purge of social conservatives from all levels of government, labeling them as “white nationalist” and “conspiracy theorists.” ... The document demonizes conservative Christians as enemies of the state, equating them with “white nationalists” and “white supremacy,” which to the left is code for fascism, deserving of extreme retribution and ostracizing them from society. ... Yet, this document will undoubtedly find a receptive ear in the Biden camp, which has already been infiltrated by Chinese-supporting communist sympathizers. One such person is Anita Dunn, who Biden hired last summer to be the chief strategy adviser. Dunn was caught on audio saying her favorite political philosopher is Chairman Mao Tse Tung, the godfather of Chinese communism who was responsible for launching the Chinese Cultural Revolution that brutally forced the Chinese people to submit to his strict anti-freedom, anti-God, anti-religion policies that erased Christianity from public life and enthroned the state as the one and only acceptable god in that country. ... While they don’t call themselves communists, radicalized Democrats plan to launch a similar cultural revolution in America if Biden gets in power, said Loudon. “The Democratic party is now a Marxist party,” Loudon said. “This document is aimed at the Marxists’ main enemy in this country, which is traditional Christianity. It’s very, very clear.” ... “Even if you’re black you can be a ‘white nationalist’ in these folks’ eyes and you’re a danger to society,” Loudon said. “You’re residing in a country whose Declaration of Independence says your rights come from God, you believe in borders, freedom, but if you believe in that according to these people, you’re an enemy of the state.” “If you believe that, you need to be shut down, reprogramed and put out of business.”The Secular Democrats of America publishes on its website a list of atheist and humanist elected officials who support its agenda of wiping all vestiges of Christianity from public life, from the federal level all the way down to the state and local levels. ... Loudon said Marxists are historically “very efficient about identifying their enemies.” “Look at any communist revolution in history and they always have lists, of who to go after, who their enemies were, who to shut down, who to arrest, who to execute. Marxists take revolution as a science, they’re very methodical,” he said. “And they always have lists.” And atop that list is traditional Christianity. Why? Because it honors a higher authority than the state. “These people are secular Marxists,” Loudon said. “Their own religion is the state. They do not want competition. They are absolutely antithetical to religion. You see this in California. They shut down churches but strip clubs and casinos are still open.” Loudon challenged Christians to get prepared for the most anti-Christian administration in history should Biden get inaugurated.
Marx's Religion Of Revolution (Video: 23:46)
Marxism is nothing more than a repackaging of ancient paganism in a mask of pseudo-science and Godless modernity.
Marx and Satan (Videos)
Democratic memo declares 'rise of white Christian nationalism is a national security threat' - A Political Action Committee and a group of Democratic lawmakers want Joe Biden to pursue a 'secular agenda' that pushes back religious liberty gains made under Trump.
- Excerpt: In the area of education policy, the document suggested that the U.S. Attorney General "confer with the Department Office of Legal Counsel to issue a memorandum regarding enforcement of the Establishment Clause in public schools, including students’ protection from school-sponsored proselytizing and teaching accurate, evidence-based, secular curriculum rather than creationism in the schools."
15 Creation Questions Evolutionists Can't Answer (Free Video, MP3 and Online Text)
- "The idea of millions of years came from the belief that the fossil record was built up over a long time. As soon as people allow for millions of years, they allow for the fossil record to be millions of years old. This creates an insurmountable problem regarding the gospel. The fossil record consists of the death of billions of creatures. In fact, it is a record of death, disease, suffering, cruelty, and brutality. It is a very ugly record. The Bible is adamant though, that death, disease, and suffering came into the world as a result of sin. God instituted death and bloodshed because of sin so man could be redeemed. As soon as Christians allow for death, suffering, and disease before sin, then the whole foundations of the message of the Cross and the Atonement have been destroyed. The doctrine of original sin, then, is totally undermined. If there were death, disease, and suffering before Adam rebelled -- then what did sin do to the world? What does Paul mean in Romans 8 when he says the whole of creation groans in pain because of the Curse? How can all things be restored in the future to no more death and suffering, unless the beginning was also free of death and suffering? The whole message of the gospel falls apart if one allows millions of years for the creation of the world." - The Necessity for Believing in Six Literal Days by Ken Ham. Also hear Six Day Creation and The Eisegesis Problem by Ken Ham (Free MP3) and "The Doctrine Of Original Sin (26 Free MP3s) by Jonathan Edwards.
Trump Did More for Religious Freedom Than Any Other Administration, Says Kelly Shackelford
As with all links we provide we only agree with that which is in agreement with the Bible at the sites where the URLs point.
The Vatican's Deal With Communist China and Globalist Tyrants: She Met With Pope Francis and Globalists at the Vatican and Now This Attorney Warns of Their Global Communist Agenda, Climate Change Being Used For These Satanic Purposes, Etc.
THOUSANDS OF FREE BIBLICAL (REFORMATION) RESOURCES
EVEN MORE FREE REFORMATION RESOURCES ONLINE
A Reformed View of Angels, Demons, and the Devil, by Dr. Steven Dilday (From His Commentary On Revelation) and Pastor Jim Dodson (Free SWRB MP3s & PDFs)
Scroll down on landing pages to reach all the free Reformation resources.
Commentary On Revelation #121-#128, A Reformed View of Angels, Part 1-8, by Dr. Steven Dilday (Free MP3s)
Commentary On Revelation #129, A Reformed (and Sober) Demonology, Dr. Steven Dilday (Free SWRB MP3)
Commentary On Revelation #223, The Four Tempest Angels Revisited, Dr. Steven Dilday (Free SWRB MP3)
Commentary On Revelation #230, The Devil and Demons, Dr. Steven Dilday (Free MP3)
The sermons above are from Dr. Dilday's exposition of the book of Revelation. Dr. Dilday's full Historicist (the classic Reformation eschatology) series of free MP3s on Revelation, the best commentary on Revelation in a very long time (maybe even the best ever), is ongoing and is at http://www.sermonaudio.com/go/147582 (on SermonAudio).
Some other samples from Dr. Dilday's Revelation commentary series follow below:
Commentary On Revelation #231, Identifying the Great Apostasy, Dr. Steven Dilday (Free SWRB MP3)
Mind-Blowing Biblical Prophecy Fulfilled To the Very Hour! God's Omnipotence, Omniscience, Omnisapience, Etc., On Display In the Perfect Historical Fulfillments Of Prophecies, In the Book of Revelation, Regarding the Rise, Expansion and Fall Of Islam and the Papal Antichrist, and Much More, By Dr. Steven Dilday, Jonathan Edwards, Charles Spurgeon, W.J. Mencarow, John Owen, Greg Price, John Calvin, George Gillespie (Westminster Divine), J.A. Wylie, Richard Bennett, John Foxe, David Steele and Others (Free Reformed MP3s, Videos and Books, Scroll Down on Landing Page)
Islam In Revelation (The Satanic Origins of the Islamic Heresy), by Dr. Steven Dilday (Free MP3s)
This is the first of 12 free MP3 sermons covering Islam in Revelation in Dr. Dilday's fine audio commentary on the book of Revelation. See the 11 sermons that follow this sermon here (and beyond) for much more detail about what the book of Revelation teaches about the rise and fall of Islam.
Commentary On Revelation #95, The Apologetics of Prophecy, Dr. Steven Dilday (Free MP3, A Must Listen!)
First of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Solved, First Seal Opened, Rider on the White Horse, A Bow, A Crown, and Conquering by Dr. Steven Dilday (5 Free Christian Sermon MP3s)
Revelation and How Antichrist Gains A Foothold In the Church, In Your Heart and In Your Family by Dr. Steven Dilday (5 Free SWRB MP3s)
Angels and Demons, by Pastor Jim Dodson (13 Free SWRB MP3s)
Demon Possession in Early America & Defeating Demons, Satan, etc., by Cotton Mather (Free SWRB MP3s)
Satanism, Witchcraft, Demons and Drugs - Satanic Possession, Oppression & the Occult, by Ferrell Griswold (Free MP3)
The Grace & Duty of Being Spiritually Minded, by John Owen (6 Free MP3s)
Scroll down on landing pages to reach all the free Reformation resources.
We are never nearer Christ than when we find ourselves lost in a holy amazement at His unspeakable love. - John Owen(Works, on the Puritan Hard Drive)
"Let no man think to kill sin with few, easy, or gentle strokes. He who hath once smitten a serpent, if he follow not on his blow until it be slain, may repent that ever he began the quarrel. And so he who undertakes to deal with sin, and pursues it not constantly to the death." - John Owen (Works, on the Puritan Hard Drive)
Hardness of Heart in Christians, Why Hast Thou Hardened Our Heart From Thy Fear? by John Owen (Free MP3), The Grace and Duty of Being Spiritually Minded by John Owen (6 Free MP3) and Much More
The most tremendous judgment of God in this world is the hardening of the hearts of men. - John Owen (Works, on the Puritan Hard Drive)
The Remainders of Indwelling Sin: The Nature, Power and Deceit Of It, By John Owen, Dr. Steven Dilday, Jonathan Edwards, Dr. R.C. Sproul, Thomas Watson, Paul Washer, the Westminster Divines, Dr. Joel Beeke, Stephen Charnock, Greg Price, John Calvin, Jim Dodson, Thomas Boston, Bill Mencarow, Arthur Pink, Al Martin, Thomas Ridgeley, Christopher Love and Others (Free Reformed MP3s, Videos, Books, Etc.)
"Neglect of private prayer and meditation comes from a weariness of God, as Isaiah complains (Isa. 43:22). But God alone is the fountain and spring of spiritual life. Any withdrawing from him must bring about a decline, for what we are in private duties, that we are, and no more. If this root fails, all fruit will quickly fail. Just as a tree must decay, wither and droop if the root fails, so must our souls." - John Owen (Works, on the Puritan Hard Drive)
160 Free MP3s by John Owen (from SWRB at Sermonaudio)
FREE MP3: John Owen Represbyterianized 1 of 2 - How John Owen Went From Presbyterianism To Independency And Back To Presbyterianism Again
- Dr. Francis Nigel Lee, in John Owen Represbyterianized, also wrote, "The purpose of this essay is to demonstrate that Britain's great Puritan Theologian... John Owen, was essentially not a Congregationalist but a Presbyterian. He first pastored a Presbyterian Church. On his deathbed, he re-affirmed Presbyterianism."
FREE MP3: John Owen Represbyterianized 2 of 2 - How John Owen Went From Presbyterianism To Independency And Back To Presbyterianism Again
- John Girardeau, in his Instrumental Music in the Public Worship of the Church (pp. 24-25) also writes, "The words of the great theologian, John Owen 'and the British Isles have produced no greater' are solemn and deserve to be seriously pondered: 'The principle that the church hath power to institute any thing or ceremony belonging to the worship of God, either as to matter or manner, beyond the observance of such circumstances as necessarily attend such ordinances as Christ Himself hath instituted, lies at the bottom of all the horrible superstition and idolatry, of all the confusion, blood, persecution, and wars, that have for so long a season spread themselves over the face of the Christian world' (cited in John Owen's A Discourse Concerning Liturgies and their Imposition, see below)."
Concerning Liturgies & Their Imposition #1 Puritan/Reformation Worship Vs. Innovations of Antichrist/Rome & Her Harlot Daughters by John Owen (Free MP3)
Concerning Liturgies & Their Imposition #2 Puritan/Reformation Worship Vs. Innovations of Antichrist/Rome & Her Harlot Daughters by John Owen (Free MP3)
Concerning Liturgies & Their Imposition #3 Puritan/Reformation Worship Vs. Innovations of Antichrist/Rome & Her Harlot Daughters by John Owen (Free MP3)
Concerning Liturgies & Their Imposition #4 Puritan/Reformation Worship Vs. Innovations of Antichrist/Rome & Her Harlot Daughters by John Owen (Free MP3s)
God's Will Vs. Man's Will In Worship, Romanism and Arminianism In Worship Are Heresy (The Plausibility Of Will Worship To Worldly Wisdom, Colossians 2:23, the Regulative Principle Of Worship [RPW], Etc.), By Jim Dodson, John Calvin, Greg Price, Westminster Divines, Dr. Steven Dilday, John Owen, Kevin Reed, John Flavel, Thomas Watson, William Perkins and Others (Free Reformed MP3s, Videos, Books, Etc.)
Why Most Worship Is Actually Idolatry, Which God Hates, According To the Bible (the Second Commandment Or The Regulative Principle Of Worship, RPW) By Jim Dodson, John Calvin, Greg Price, the Westminster Assembly, Dr. Steven Dilday, John Owen, et al. (Free Reformed MP3s, Videos, Books, Etc.)
Christ-Mass (Christmas) A Roman Catholic Missions Strategy, Classic Reformation (Puritan & Reformed) Teaching On Christmas and Other Holy Days; Or Christmas, and All Man-Made Holy Days, Condemned By the Lord Jesus Christ In the Bible (Free MP3s, Videos & Online Books)
John Owen (7 of 18, Introduction and Overview of the Puritans) Who Were the Puritans and What Did They Teach? (With the Relevance of Puritanism For Christians Today) by Dr. Matthew McMahon (Free MP3s)
John Owen was "(arguably) the greatest thinking English Puritan Theologian that ever lived." - Dr. C. Matthew McMahon (A Puritan Mind)
The Doctrine of Justification by Faith Alone, Through the Imputation of the Righteousness of Christ -- Explained, Confirmed, Vindicated (35 Free MP3s)
"We can begin each day with the deeply encouraging realization, I'm accepted by God, not on the basis of my personal performance, but on the basis of the infinitely perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ." - John Owen (Works, on the Puritan Hard Drive)
A Display of Arminianism: Being A Discovery of the Old Pelagian Idol of Free Will, With the New Goddess Contingency Advancing Themselves Into the Throne of the God of Heaven, to the Prejudice of His Grace, Providence, and Supreme Dominion Over the Children of Men..., by John Owen
"Our next task is to take a view of the idol himself, of this great deity of free-will, whose original being not well known, he is pretended, like the Ephesian image of Diana, to have fallen down from heaven, and to have his endowments from above. But yet, considering what a nothing he was at his first discovery in comparison of the vast giant-like hugeness to which now he is grown, we may say of him as the painter said of his monstrous picture, which he had mended or rather marred according to every one's fancy, 'Hunc populus fecit,' it is the issue of the people's brain." - John Owen, A Display of Arminianism (Canada: Still Waters Revival Books, 1989), p. 114 (Works, on the Puritan Hard Drive)
John Owen - Quotes and Books
"To say that we are able by our own efforts to think good thoughts or give God spiritual obedience before we are spiritually regenerate is to overthrow the gospel and the faith of the universal church in all ages." - John Owen, The Holy Spirit (Works, on the Puritan Hard Drive)
Thousand of Free Puritan and Reformed Resources, By John Owen and Many Others (Free MP3s, Videos, Book, Quotes, Etc.)