Ezra #62 Heart Idols In Your Life and Mind, Are You Sending Away These Idolatrous Lovers? by Greg Price (Free MP3 & PDF)
Greg Price's Sovereignty Of God Ezra Series (63 Free MP3s, Ongoing As Of This Writing)
Do You Put the Lord Jesus First Above All Else?, How Riches Keep Men Out Of Heaven & Judgment Day By Greg Price, Paul Washer & Others (Free Christian MP3s, Videos, Books)
Astonishing Unbelief and Idolatry From Nazareth to the Roman Catholic Antichrist (Free MP3s, Videos, Books, etc.)
Cutting Off Your Personal Idols by Michael Bruce (Free MP3), Soul Idolatry Excludes Men Out of Heaven by David Clarkson (PDF, Printed Book) & More
Cutting Off Your Personal Idols by Michael Bruce (Free MP3, Read By Elder Lyndon Dohms from the book Sermons In Times of Persecution, which is on the Puritan Hard Drive)
"If you search through the whole Bible, there is not one sin that God has more followed with plagues than idolatry. The Jews have a saying, that in every evil that befalls them, there is an ounce of the golden calf in it."
- Thomas Watson (on the Puritan Hard Drive)
"Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry." - 1 Corinthians 10:14, KJV
Soul Idolatry Excludes Men Out of Heaven by David Clarkson (SWRB Digital Download, Enhanced PDF) This book, along with over 12,500 other Puritan and Reformed books, MP3s and videos, is also available on the Puritan Hard Drive.
From Facets of Grace
does this very thing pinpointing thirteen kinds of "soul idolatry," showing that "soul idolatry" is just as sinful as the more outward form of idolatry practiced by the Whore of Babylon (Rome) and her harlot Protestant daughters (like those who deny the regulative principle of worship and therefore naturally fall into the more obvious forms of gross outward idolatry).
He that serves his lusts is as incapable of heaven as he that serves and worships idols of wood or stone," writes David Clarkson, demonstrating that "there are thirteen acts of soul worship; and to give any one of them to anything besides the God of heaven is plain idolatry, and those idolaters that so give it.
Moreover, David Clarkson shows that "soul idolatry" remains even in the lives of true born again Christians and that "those natures that are most sanctified on earth are still a seminary of sin; there is in them the roots, the seeds of atheism, blasphemy, murder, adultery, apostasy, and idolatry."
This is a powerful piece of Puritan prose that should be read by all Christians. "For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would" (Galatians 5:17). Soul Idolatry Excludes Men Out of Heaven by David Clarkson is on the Puritan Hard Drive, as are the Works of David Clarkson (3 volumes).
Soul Idolatry Excludes Men Out of Heaven by David Clarkson (Free Non-Enhanced PDF)
In the detailed sermon, Clarkson labels 13 manifestations of "soul idolatry."
He argues that secret and inner idolatry is equally sinful as physical and open idolatry.
Clarkson writes, "He that serves his [inner] lusts is as incapable of heaven as he that serves and worships idols of wood or stone" and later writes, "there are thirteen acts of soul worship; and to give any one of them to anything besides the God of heaven is plain idolatry, and those idolaters that so give it."
But Clarkson is quick to remind believers of the soul idolatry that remains in us. "Those natures that are most sanctified on earth are still a seminary of sin; there is in them the roots, the seeds of atheism, blasphemy, murder, adultery, apostasy, and idolatry."
He then presents a list of 13 "soul idols":
1. Esteem. That which we most highly value we make our God. For estimation is an act of soul worship.
2. Mindfulness. That which we are most mindful of we make our God. To be most remembered, to be most minded, is an act of worship which is proper to God, and which he requires as due to himself alone.
3. Intention. That which we most intend we make our god; for to be most intended is an act of worship due only to the true God; for he being the chief good must be the last end.
4. Resolution. What we are most resolved for we worship as God.
5. Love. That which we must love we worship as our God; for love is an act of soul-worship.
6. Trust. That which we most trust we make our god; for confidence and dependence is an act of worship which the Lord calls for as due only to himself.
7. Fear. That which we most fear we worship as our god; for fear is an act of worship.
8. Hope. That which we make our hope we worship as God; for hope is an act of worship.
9. Desire. That which we most desire we worship as our god; for that which is chiefly desired, is the chief good in his account who so desires it; and what he counts his chief good, that he makes his god.
10. Delight. That which we most delight and rejoice in, that we worship as God; for transcendent delight is an act of worship due only to God; and this affection, in its height and elevation, is called glorying.
11. Zeal. That for which we are more zealous we worship as god; for such a zeal is an act of worship due only to God ; therefore it is idolatrous to be more zealous for our own things than for the things of God; to be eager in our own cause, and careless in the cause of God; to be more vehement for our own credit, interests, advantages, than for the truths, ways, honour of God; to be fervent in spirit, in following our own business, promoting our designs, but lukewarm and indifferent in the service of God; to count it intolerable for ourselves to be reproached, slandered, reviled, but manifest no indignation when God is dishonoured, his name, worship, profaned; his truths, ways, people, reviled.
12. Gratitude. That to which we are most grateful, that we worship as God; for gratitude is an act of worship.
13. When our care and industry is more for other things than for God. We cannot serve God and mammon, God and our lusts too, because this service of ourselves, of the world, takes up that care, that industry, those endeavours, which the Lord must have of necessity, if we will serve him as God; and when these are laid out upon the world and our lusts, we serve them as the Lord ought to be served, and so make them our gods. - From Soul Idolatry Excludes Men Out of Heaven
Soul Idolatry Excludes Men out of Heaven by David Clarkson (Summary At Grace Gems)
Soul Idolatry Excludes Men Out of Heaven (Paperback at Amazon.com)
"The human mind is, so to speak, a perpetual forge of idols." - John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion, Book One, Chapter 11.8, Beveridge Edition
See the shirt related to the quote above here.
IDOLATRY - Chapel Library (Free PDF)
Why Is Reformed Worship So Important? The Puritans, Covenanters, Reformers & The Regulative Principle Of Worship (RPW) by Dr. Steven Dilday, John Calvin, Greg Price & Others (Free MP3s)
Tear Down Your Father's Idol: The Rough Road to Real Reformation - Pastor Scott Brown, NCFIC Director (Free MP3)
Daniel Cawdrey, Westminster Divine, On Christmas, Superstition & Will-Worship (Puritan Publications' Hardcover, PDF, MOBI and EPub Versions)
From Facets of Grace
Acceptable Prayer and the Grace of Faith by William Guthrie from the book Sermons in Times of Persecution (Free MP3s)
Acceptable Prayer and the Grace of Faith (1 of 2) by William Guthrie from the book Sermons in Times of Persecution(Free MP3)
Acceptable Prayer and the Grace of Faith (2 of 2) by William Guthrie from the book Sermons in Times of Persecution (Free MP3)
Sermons in Times of Persecution in Scotland by Covenanted Ministers of Scotland (Enhanced SWRB Digital Download, PDF)
From Facets of Grace
PDF Index: Embedded, Appended
File Size: 22.85 MB
Publisher: Still Waters Revival Books
Full Title: Sermons in Times of Persecution in Scotland by William Guthrie (17); Michael Bruce (3); John Weldwood (4); Richard Cameron (7 sermons and 1 lecture); Donald Cargill (7 sermons and 3 lectures); Alexander Peden (2); Alexander Shields (2 sermons and 1 lecture); John Livingstone (1 sermon and 1 sacramental discourse); John Welch (1 sermon and 1 sacramental discourse); John Guthrie (1) and the original preface (written March 19, 1779) by John Howie (1880 edition)
These faithful preachers were daily in danger of losing their earthly lives for their testimony to the truth of Christ's kingship (which they proclaim here) -- and many were eventually martyred for His covenanted cause.
The original title of this book, instructive in itself, reads (in part),
Martyrdom of James Renwick, 1688
(Covenanted Presbyterian Pastor)
"A Collection of Lectures and Sermons Preached upon Several Subjects, Mostly in the Time of the Late Persecution. Wherein a Faithful Doctrinal Testimony is Transmitted to Posterity for the Doctrine, Worship, Discipline and Government of the Church of Scotland against Popery, Prelacy, Erastianism, etc. ... and a Sermon on the Breach of Covenant by Mr. John Guthrie."
Each set of sermons in this book is prefaced with a helpful three to six page biographical notice.
Includes illustrations and the original preface (written March 19, 1779) by John Howie (author of Biographia Scoticana, or The Scots Worthies).
An instructive and useful commemorative sermon, "A Third Reformation Necessary: or, The Piety, Principles, and Patriotism of Scotland's Covenanted Martyrs; With Application to the Present Times," by Kerr, preached on the bi-cententary of the covenanting struggle, is also included.
In this hour of our peril, our whole efforts should be directed to the restoration of the work of the Covenanted Reformation; this is the hope and safety of the nation
... In the Reformations in the times of Luther, and Knox, and Henderson, the people awoke from their lethargies and rose up in new life to carry on the work to its completion. Be up then and doing, we beseech you, and, by the help of Almighty God, we may yet succeed in driving the battle to the gate. The restoring of the ruined temple of the Covenanted Reformation, and thereby the effecting of a Third Reformation... this is the work of the present hour, the work of every true patriot, of every lover of the Church, of every lover of Christ's crowns...
(Lord-ed.) take to Thee Thy power and reign. Reign over Scotland, and over Ireland, and over England. Reign over Europe, and over Asia, and over Africa, and over America.
Take the throne of every heart, and the throne of every household, and the throne of every community, and the throne of every church, and the throne of every nation, and the thrones of all worlds; and let every knee bow and every tongue confess that Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. - James Kerr, A Third Reformation Necessary: Or, The Piety, Principles, And Patriotism Of Scotland's Covenanted Martyrs; With Application To The Present Times. This book contains some of the most soul stirring preaching you may ever read!
Sermons Delivered in Times of Persecution collected by John Howie (many of the sermons in this book are free online at TrueCovenanter.com)
Communion With God in Prayer by Christopher Love (Free Puritan MP3 Audio Book)
Imprecatory Prayer, Reprobation & God's Glory, With Other Free MP3 Sermons By Dr. Steven Dilday & Others
"There is never a mortified man who has not been a praying man. Subduing lust can never be obtained without prayer."
- Christopher Love
, The Mortified Christian, p. 81.
LINKS TO MANY THOUSANDS OF FREE PURITAN & REFORMED RESOURCES
Free Videos, Free MP3s, Free Books & Much More!
Puritan Hard Drive Reviews
by Pastor Paul Washer, Dr. Joel Beeke, Pastor Greg Price,
Dr. Voddie Baucham, Dr. Steven Dilday, Pastor W.J. Mencarow, Dr. Matthew McMahon, Pastor
Jerry Johnson and Pastor Scott Brown (Director of NCFIC).
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE REVIEWS BELOW, AND MANY MORE, ALL ON ONE WEB PAGE AT PuritanDownloads.com
PASTOR PAUL WASHER REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
"With the Puritan Hard Drive I can now carry one of the largest Puritan and Reformed libraries in my pocket.
No matter where I am, as long as there is some form of power source to operate a computer, I have access to some of the best Puritan and Reformed literature available.
The Puritan Hard Drive is a tremendous blessing. I travel frequently to many parts of the globe. The Puritan Hard Drive allows me to continue my studies on the road with the same depth as when I am seated in my study at home.
The wonderful portability of this massive Puritan library (and remarkable research software) makes the Puritan Hard Drive ideal for missionaries, students, or anyone who needs instant access to the best Reformation study materials in a variety of locations.
There is much more to the Puritan Hard Drive than just convenience, portability and the exceptional quality and extraordinary number of Reformation resources it includes. Even if a minister owned the largest printed Puritan library in the world, he would not be able to properly research the material. However, the KnowledgeBase software on the Puritan Hard Drive provides an effective road map to access the material in ways that are easy-to-use, organized and highly productive. With the click of a button, you can easily do ten hours worth of research in just seconds!
Having the Puritan Hard Drive is like owning the largest Puritan and Reformed Library in the world along with a full time research assistant with his PhD in Puritan Studies from Oxford or Cambridge.
Imagine not only owning the largest Puritan and Reformed library, but having a full-time team of world-class research assistants at your beck and call.
The high level of educational and scholarly functionality, combined with a marvelous library of over 12,500 top Puritan and Reformed resources and an extremely reasonable price, really makes obtaining the Puritan Hard Drive a stewardship issue. It is almost as if God is saying, "Here is a tool that will lead you to more truth faster than ever before. Make the best possible use of it and bring much glory to My Name." (2 Timothy 2:15, Ephesians 5:16).
In the history of extra-biblical study and research tools there has never before been a resource as useful as the Puritan Hard Drive. The immense body of Reformation material (books, MP3s and videos) on the Puritan Hard Drive, along with the phenomenal proprietary software program that is included, makes the Puritan Hard Drive a valuable tool for Reformation in our day.
As a member of the HeartCry Missionary Society, I am witness to the great needs of Christians throughout the globe. Possibly the greatest need is sound Christian literature. Even though many Third World pastors read English, they have very few good books available to them. Even if we could afford to buy each indigenous minister a small library, the cost of shipping would be astronomical. With the Puritan Hard Drive we can provide pastors throughout the globe with one of the most complete Puritan and Reformed libraries at a fraction of the cost.
The Puritan Hard Drive is also ideal for situations where concealment is a priority in countries which are hostile to the Gospel. The Puritan Hard Drive is the most compact way to smuggle the light of over 12,500 Reformation resources (with powerful study software) into the spiritual darkness of those nations that are in most need of Gospel truth."
- Pastor Paul Washer (Missionary, Author, Conference Speaker, etc.) See HeartCry Missionary Society and click here to hear some of Paul Washer's most downloaded free MP3s (sermons), which we highly recommend!
PASTOR GREG L. PRICE REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
"I was one of those who had profited much from using the plethora of out-of-print Reformation materials offered by Still Waters Revival Books in the 62 CDs (Puritan CDs and Reformation CDs) for a number of years in my ministry -- works that I could only have found in select libraries (usually hundreds of miles away from my residence).
With the CDs, it took a little while to go to the index of each set, locate the documents I needed, and then find the correct CD. Of course, the time was always well spent in finding that particular document that I needed.
However, now that I have the Puritan Hard Drive, I am able to use my time much more efficiently in finding that particular document I need by quickly searching for it and finding it in a matter of seconds. It's like going from "dial up" to "high-speed" Internet!
And for all of those documents that have a font that are in block letters, I am able to simply cut and paste from the Puritan Hard Drive to my own document with ease.
Amazing surprises do come in small packages!
If you want to understand Reformed theology (i.e., the whole counsel of God) the Puritan Hard Drive is unsurpassed, outside the Bible itself. The First and Second Reformations gave us the most faithful Scriptural teaching and preaching since the time of the Apostles, and there is no other resource, outside Scripture itself, where you can find so much of God's truth as in the Puritan Hard Drive.
May the Lord continue to use this most profitable tool to promote a Third Reformation that encompasses the whole world (Isaiah 2:2-4)!"
- Greg L. Price (Author, Theologian, Covenanted Presbyterian Pastor, USA) Free online books, MP3s and videos by Greg Price and at Sermonaudio (SWRB considers Greg Price to be the most doctrinally sound preacher alive today, because he holds completely to the original Westminster Standards and all the biblical attainments of the Second or Covenanted Reformation.)
"Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing." - Philippians 3:16, which applies just as much to the family, the church and the state, as it does to the individual.
DR. JOEL BEEKE REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
"The Puritan Hard Drive is a massive collection of primary Puritan resources, dozens of which are very hard to find anywhere else in the world.
Any lover of Puritan literature, which, more than any other body of literature ever written, powerfully expands our minds, convicts our consciences, allures our hearts, and moves our hands, will find a treasure trove here."
- Dr. Joel R. Beeke, President and Professor of Systematic Theology and Homiletics at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (click here for free MP3 seminary lectures and sermons by Dr. Beeke), Author of many important Reformed books (including the must read, Meet the Puritans: With A Guide to Modern Reprints), Editorial Director at Reformation Heritage Books, Editor of the Banner of Sovereign Grace Truth magazine and Pastor of Heritage Netherlands Reformed Congregation in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA.
JERRY JOHNSON REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
"If you search the Internet for Reformed and Puritan works you will inevitably see a banner for a product called the Puritan Hard Drive. I often thought, "why would I want to purchase a hard drive when so much of the information (probably) contained on it could be easily found with a free search on the Internet?" Was I ever wrong!
The Puritan Hard Drive is the best resource money can buy.
It is easy, simple to use and the search feature cut down my time searching web pages that had absolutely nothing to do with the query I typed into the search engine. Not to mention a lot of the material is not accessible on the Internet.
To have so many books and articles at my fingers-tips is both truly amazing and a blessing. The Puritan Hard Drive just added thousands of volumes that I never could afford, nor store, to my library.
If you, like me, love the Puritans and Reformed theology, then the Puritan Hard Drive is simply a resource that you cannot live without."
- Jerry Johnson (President of Nicene Council, Seminary Professor, Author, Video Producer, etc.) See Amazing Grace: The History & Theology of Calvinism and The Myth of Neutrality (free video at Against the World).
PASTOR W. J. MENCAROW REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
"The Puritan Hard Drive is the must have digital learning device for Puritan and Reformed studies.
Nothing like it has ever been available before!
If you don't have it you are almost certainly not learning as much as you could about God, or growing in grace at a pace that the Puritan Hard Drive, by the grace of God, facilitates.
If necessary, sell what you have (that does not draw you closer to God) to get the Puritan Hard Drive, and prayerfully use it until you become, by the Lord's sovereign and sanctifying grace, the most extraordinary Christian you can be (for His glory!)."
- W.J. Mencarow (Author, Pastor of Reformation Church, Boerne, Texas [San Antonio area] with free MP3 sermons on Sermonaudio,
Editor of The Paper Source Journal, etc. Pastor Mencarow has also been interviewed on numerous radio and TV programs (including "Good Morning America"), most networks and in major U.S. newspapers and magazines.
We also recommend that you listen to what may be the best audio commentary ever recorded, on the book of Revelation, by W.J. Mencarow (100+ free MP3s as of this writing), on Sermonaudio.
DR. C. MATTHEW McMAHON REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
"In the history of the church's sanctification I don't believe there has been a more valuable extra-biblical resource and tool than the Puritan Hard Drive.
It holds some of the most priceless Reformed works of God-centered and Christ-glorifying truth that were ever penned.
Most students, ministers and scholars of the Bible would never personally acquire even half the literal number of books on the Puritan Hard Drive, much less the extreme caliber of its contents.
In God's providence modern day Christians have been chosen to be the recipients of both a theological and practical blessing. May we not squander it."
- Matthew McMahon, Ph.D., A Puritan's Mind (Pastor, Author, Seminary Professor, etc.) Over 200 free MP3s by Dr. McMahon are free online at Sermonaudio.
DR. VODDIE BAUCHAM REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
I want you to know that I have enjoyed my Puritan Hard Drive immensely!
I simply could not have imagined such a resource before getting my hands on it!
To have that much information from a consistent, biblical, orthodox, and gospel-centered point of view is simply astonishing.
Anyone who admires the Puritans simply must have the Puritan Hard Drive.
From Pastors to Ph.D. candidates, there is simply nothing else out there that puts so much at your fingertips.
What an amazing tool for pastors... thank you for your work.
Soli Deo Gloria!
AND THIS LATER COMMENT FROM DR. BAUCHAM:
I was in Zambia showing it to Conrad Mbewe (the Spurgeon of Africa) and he absolutely fell in love with it. I simply had to leave it there.
It is a valuable tool, and I meant everything I said about it.
All of our guys love it.
We'll probably start buying them for our interns and leadership/elder training students as well.
Soli Deo Gloria!"
- Dr. Voddie Baucham, Jr., Grace Family Baptist Church (Spring, TX). Free MP3s by Dr. Baucham. Also see Voddie Baucham on CNN - NO COMPROMISE on Feminism (free video) and Parenting (an amazing free MP3 on training children) by Dr. Baucham (one of best messages on parenting we have ever heard! It's the first free MP3 on this page, entitled, "Parenting (Amazing Free MP3 on Training Children) by Voddie Baucham")
PASTOR SCOTT BROWN REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
Amazing 54 Second Puritan Hard Drive Video Review by Pastor Scott Brown, Director of the National Center For Family Integrated Churches
Transcript for the video above:
Scott Brown: Hey Reg Barrow, this is Scott Brown. I'm doing a conference on the Baptist Confession of 1689, and just right after I gave my last message, this guy comes up to me, and he asks me a question about the Puritan Hard Drive. So, what did you ask?
Tall Guy: Scott, this is a simple question: What do you think of the Puritan Hard Drive?
Scott Brown: I love it. You have to get it. It's the best thing. It's the best for the money you'll ever get anyplace for books.
Tall Guy: Okay. Here's a question, 'cause I've read a little bit about it. But tell me about the Search Engine. Is it, do you type in an author, do you type in a word, a topic, what do you do?
Scott Brown: Yes, yes, author, topic. It's so easy, it will take you to anything you want. It's absolutely phenomenal.
Tall Guy: Have you exhausted the resources?
Scott Brown: You cannot exhaust them. It's impossible. It's so vast. But I'm telling you, as far as a research tool, it's second to none. Unbelievable stuff. And the search, the search function is just beautiful.
Tall Guy: Alright, thank you.
Scott Brown: There you go.
"Still Waters Revival Books has performed an astonishing feat in pulling together a massive collection of books and other resources.
Let me tell you how absolutely fantastic the Puritan Hard Drive really is.
This is a treasure trove for a local church pastor.
The search ability is beyond my expectation.
I was just on the island of Iona where Columba established a missionary outpost sending evangelists all over Britain. Searching the hard drive for "Columba" added much to my understanding of this great leader through the eyes of Spurgeon and many others.
Thank you so much... for going to the trouble to make this available.
I am greatly improved by it and I anticipate the pace of worldwide reformation to be improved as well."
I blogged about it here:
Below is the blog post from the link above:
"On my way across the ocean to study the reformation with Doug Phillips, I did not have a suitcase of books as I usually do. I was lamenting that fact at the airline ticket counter and my daughter Claudia said to me, "Papa, close your eyes and step into the new world." Well, let me confess: on my computer I have approximately 13,000 puritan and reformed books which I have acquired through my son downloading ebooks and a gigantic collection put together by Reg Barrow from Still Waters Revival Books. I am now like Abdul Kassem Ismael, Grand Vizier of Persia who, in the tenth century, carried his library with him wherever he went. The 117,000 volumes were carried by 400 camels which were trained to walk in alphabetical order."
- Pastor Scott Brown (M.Div.), Hope Baptist Church (NC, USA), Director of the National Center for Family Integrated Churches (NCFIC), and Conference Speaker (who speaks at conferences alongside other Reformed ministers like Joel Beeke, Paul Washer, Doug Phillips, Jeff Pollard, et al.) See Tear Down Your Father's Idol: The Rough Road to Real Reformation and Paganism, Syncretism, in the Church, Family and Education by Scott Brown (free MP3). Click here to see an additional short video of Scott Brown talking with a friend about the Puritan Hard Drive.
DR. STEVEN DILDAY REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDS THE PURITAN HARD DRIVE
"For a number of years now, I have followed, and benefited from, the work of Still Waters Revival Books, particularly the Reformation and Puritan Bookshelf CD sets... and now the Puritan Hard Drive.
The Puritan Hard Drive is a remarkable accomplishment!
The common Christian can now have a world-class Presbyterian and Reformed library at his fingertips, for only pennies per volume.
I do not think that it is an exaggeration to say that the Puritan Hard Drive presents an historic and singular opportunity.
The works on the Puritan Hard Drive have been invaluable to me in sermon preparation and in improving personal and familial piety. If these had been the only blessings attached to the reading of these documents, the expense (even if it had been much greater) would have been justified; but there is more here.
In this present time, a great many Presbyterians (particularly in North America) have forgotten and implicitly (perhaps unwittingly) rejected their Presbyterian heritage. Strangely, Westminster confessing churches have rejected the theological distinctives of the Westminster Standards.
Although the Westminster Assembly produced a beautiful statement of soteriological Calvinism, the histories clearly demonstrate that soteriology was not the principle focus, nor chief interest, of the Assembly. The Westminster Assembly was primarily concerned with uniformity in worship (in accordance with the Regulative Principle), the form of church government (Presbyterianism jus divinum), and Church-State relations (the Establishment Principle). It is a sad irony that the great and distinctive attainments of the Westminster Assembly have been ignored and rejected by so many Westminster confessing churches.
However, we may yet entertain the hope that these great attainments are rejected largely because of ignorance. The best books on these subjects have not been readily available; but (thanks be to God) they are available again on the Puritan Hard Drive.
For anyone interested in recovering our Presbyterian and Reformed past, the Puritan Hard Drive is a must.
It is my hope and prayer that the Puritan Hard Drive will be used by God to bring to light the things that were hidden, to call to remembrance the things that were forgotten."
- Dr. Steven Dilday, Pastor of Liberty and Grace Reformed Church in Northern Virginia (free MP3 sermons online at http://www.sermonaudio.com/PRCNOVA) and founder of Liberty and Grace Reformed Theological Seminary (with distance learning).Dr. Dilday is currently translating (from Latin to English) the "Synopsis" written by the Puritan Divine, Matthew Poole. This project when completed will consist of approximately 82 volumes. Many free MP3s messages by Dr. Dilday are also at: HISTORY OF HOLY DAYS (CHRISTMAS, EASTER, CHRISTIAN SABBATH, JEWS, etc.), IDOLATRY, ICONOCLASM, etc., The History of the Service of Song: Real Reformation, Faithful Worship And Praising The Lord Jesus Christ Through Songs by Dr. Steven Dilday and a collection of some of Dr. Dilday's most important messages at Sermonaudio.
From Facets of Grace
"The Puritan Hard Drive has been such a superb blessing to me personally and for my ministry, that I lack words to adequately praise the Lord! " - Richard Bennett (former Roman Catholic priest who now preaches Reformation truth), Berean Beacon
MANY MORE PURITAN HARD DRIVE REVIEWS (Click Here)
"As a member of the HeartCry Missionary
Society, I am witness to the great needs of Christians throughout the globe. Possibly the greatest need is sound Christian literature. Even though many Third World pastors read English, they have very few good books available to them. Even if we could afford to buy each indigenous minister a small library, the cost of shipping would be astronomical. With the Puritan Hard Drive we can provide pastors throughout the globe with one of the most complete Puritan and Reformed libraries at a fraction of the cost."- Pastor Paul Washer, HeartCry Missionary Society (click here to see Paul Washer's full review of the Puritan Hard Drive)
FREE PURITAN HARD DRIVE INTRO VIDEO
Puritan Hard Drive Introductory Video
Over 12,500 Puritan (Owen, Watson, et al), Reformation (Calvin, Knox, Luther, et al.), Covenanter (Rutherford, Gillespie), Presbyterian (Hodge), Calvinistic (Edwards), Reformed Baptist (Spurgeon, Bunyan, Pink, et al) Books, MP3s, & Videos - With Powerful, Practical and Proprietary Reformation Research and Bible Study Software and a Massive Embedded Data With Over 15,000,000 Records (Which Helps You Find Exactly What You Need In An Instant!).
Bible Study Will Never Be the Same Again!
Amazing Puritan Hard Drive Fact and Hint: A search, using the master index on the Puritan Hard Drive and the "Open Full Reader Search" (in Acrobat reader), for the word "prayer", returns 97,170 results (in 1,378 documents) - all in context, arranged by book, and clickable (i.e., when you click on your individual search result the book opens to the page with your result highlighted)! How helpful is that for learning more about prayer, or any other subject you can think of, through the Puritan Hard Drive? Download the free PDF, How to Find Specific Words and Phrases in Searchable Books.pdf, to learn more.
- Turbo-Charge Your Biblical Studies. Grow in Grace. Increase Personal, Family and Church Sanctification. Praise and Love the Lord More!
- The Puritan Hard Drive is Comprehensive, Portable and Unprecedented In Its Usefulness - A True Technological (Puritan and Reformation) Treasure Trove!
- The Puritan Hard Drive Contains the World's Most Powerful and Practical Bible Study Software Fully Installed and Ready To Use Right Out of the Box.
- No Installation Necessary, Just Plug the Puritan Hard Drive Into the USB Port of Any PC or Mac Computer and Start Enjoying the Most Advanced and Amazing Digital Christian (Puritan, Reformation, Calvinist, Presbyterian, Covenanter, Reformed Baptist, Protestant, etc.) Library in History.
- The Unsurpassed Reformation and Puritan Library On the Puritan Hard Drive Already Contains Over 12,500 Of the Best Reformation and Puritan Books, MP3s and Videos, Which We (SWRB) Have Published or Gathered Over A Period of More Than 25 Years, and Is Fully Expandable As New Reformed and Puritan Books, MP3s and Videos Are Integrated and/or Published For the Puritan Hard Drive In Days To Come.
- All Data Related to the 12,500+ Books, MP3s and Videos is Fully Searchable, Through the Powerful Proprietary SWRB Software Engineered Exclusively for the Puritan Hard Drive, In Regard to Titles, Authors, Summaries, Categories, the Personal Notes You Add to Any Resource, Indexed Words Inside Books, Etc.
- The Majority of the Books Are Also Fully Searchable Concerning Their Content and You May Copy and Paste From these Books too. The Embedded Indices In these Books Also Make these Searches Lightning Fast, Even When You Are Searching for Multiple Occurrences of A Word or Phrase Across A Complete Book - As You Can Pull Up Hundreds of References, Clickable and In Context, In Seconds or Less, Even In Books That Are Over 500 Pages Long!
- Not Only Can You Search Within Every OCRed (Optical Character Recognition) Book Individually, But You Can Also Search Across the Entire Collection of Searchable Books At Once, With One Search Query, to Obtain Results (Clickable and In Context) for Every Occurrence of Your Search Word or Phrase Across All the Searchable Books on the Puritan Hard Drive. You May then Click On Any Link In Your Search Results to Immediately Access the Exact Page In the Book Where Your Selected Search Result is Located. Your Search Result Will Also Be Highlighted On the Page Where You Arrive, So You Can Find the Word or Phrase You Searched for Quickly and Easily. This is A Very Powerful Feature, Full of Benefits That Will Help You to Effortlessly and Expeditiously Expand Your Christian Studies In More Ways Than You May Be Able to Imagine - At Least Until You Have Actually Experienced This Exceedingly Robust Reformation Research Capability, for Yourself, Through the Puritan Hard Drive.
- When You See All You Are Getting On The Puritan Hard Drive You Will Be Amazed - All Thanks and Glory Be to the Lord for the Great Things He Has Done in Bringing this Marvelous, Wonderful and Extraordinary Christian Study Tool Into Existence!
Interest Free Deferred Monthly Payments, On The Puritan Hard Drive, Starting As Low As $50.00 Per Month, Get Yours Today By Calling 780-450-3730 Now!
If funds are tight, remember that you can purchase the Puritan Hard Drive using interest free deferred monthly payments as low as $50.00 per month. We also ship your Puritan Hard Drive as soon as your deferred monthly payments have reached $100.00. You may also pay $100.00 down, for faster shipping, then $50.00 per month thereafter. Call us at 780-450-3730 for more details about our interest free deferred monthly payments offer, or to get started today. You may also place an interest free deferred monthly payments order for the Puritan Hard Drive by using our Secure Online Order form. If you use our Secure Online Order Form, please make sure to enter your shipping address, phone number, email address and payment information (credit or debit card and expiry date). Also mention if you need the Single Platform Edition (Windows or Mac) or Dual Platform Edition (Windows and Mac) of the Puritan Hard Drive, and what size of Puritan Hard Drive you are ordering (size options, and the cost for each, are above the "Add to Cart" button at the SWRB Puritan Hard Drive page). Interest free deferred monthly payments orders must be placed by calling 780-450-3730 (in Canada) or using our Secure Online Order Form (click here). Scroll down at Phone/Contact Us to find the exact phone number to use from your country. We are open for calls six days a week (we are closed on the Lord's Day [Sunday]) and often cover the phones 24 hours a day. However, if you call and get our answering machine, it is safe to leave your order on the answering machine, or to leave us your phone number, with a message about why you are calling, and the best time to call you back, and we will call you when it is convenient for you. This applies to all nations worldwide.
Your Voice and Worldwide Reformation!
Make Your Voice Heard Around the World, For God's Glory!
Would you like to volunteer some of your time, for God's glory, to read classic Puritan and Reformed books and sermons to MP3, to make permanent digital audio versions of the best Puritan and Reformed books, for our generation and for posterity?
If so, we will list the Puritan and Reformed MP3s you read on the Web, to give them away for free to people in every nation of the world -- and, by God's grace, we reach between 55,000 to 100,000+ people each month with these free Puritan and Reformation MP3s!
We supply you with the material to read, you supply the voice. You may read the Puritan and Reformed books and/or sermons that you choose (as long as they are not already read or being read, and they are books we want in audio) or you may let us choose the reading material. In either case we will work with so your are reading Reformed material that you desire to read -- as there are many thousands of books and sermons that need to be read to MP3. We also provide you with easy-to-follow instructions about how to get started.
You may listen to other readings, by people just like yourself (who love the Lord and want to reach others with the love of the Lord Jesus
Christ and the truth of His holy Word, the Bible) at FREE PURITAN & REFORMATION MP3 AUDIO SERMONS/BOOKS and from our "Audio Book" section on our (SWRB) sermonaudio site. You may also use the FREE SWRB iPHONE, iPAD, iPOD (Touch) APP to listen.
It is very easy to get started with your new international Reformation reading ministry, just email us at email@example.com requesting our "PURITAN and REFORMED BOOK READER'S INSTRUCTIONS." Thank you!
It may also be of interest to you to know that at SWRB we strive to use as much of the proceeds from sales, as is possible, to produce more free and discounted Puritan books, Reformation MP3s and Calvinistic videos. This is how, by God's grace, we have published so many books, MP3s and videos over the years (with a relatively small staff and the help of volunteers) and why we are able to distribute so much material for free and at such low prices -- may our Lord get all the glory!
With your continued prayers, support and purchases we will be able to reach even more people, in the future, all around the world, with the truth of the Scriptures -- using the latest and best technologies available, in the service of the Lord, to greatly multiply all the good that can be done, and aiming to fill the world with the best Christian (Puritan, Covenanter and Reformation) resources available (Acts 17:6).
FREE PURITAN HARD DRIVE SOFTWARE
For a limited time, we are making available to the public a free download of a fully-functional copy of the Puritan Hard Drive KnowledgeBase application software, bundled with more than 300 Adobe PDF books/articles and MP3 audio sermons from the Puritan Hard Drive collection. (Click here to download a PDF listing of all bundled Puritan books/articles and Reformation MP3s.) This is the same critically-acclaimed knowledgebase and powerful search engine to be found on the Puritan Hard Drive, with the following limitations:
- You can only access the Resources that are bundled with the demo.
- You can only save a maximum of 5 Saved Search Results Sets at any one time.
- You can only save a maximum of 3 Saved Search Results Sets Lists at any one time.
- You can only save a maximum of 10 unique Resources in your Favorites List at any one time.
This demonstration version contains all the content and search functionality of the unrestricted version available only on the Puritan Hard Drive. This unrestricted version of the KnowledgeBase Application provides the user with immediate access to the more than 12,500 PDF (books and other text resources), MP3 (audio) and WMV (video) Resources contained in the full Puritan Hard Drive collection. In that version, you can create thousands of Saved Search Results Sets and Saved Search Results Sets Lists, limited only by the available free space on the internal drive or external USB drive where the application resides. This also applies to the Favorites List. Click here for more information or to download your free Puritan Hard Drive demo software now!.
"The Puritan Hard Drive is an exquisite piece of work.
The purchaser of this fine product will have at his fingertips more of the best Reformed literature than he can probably ever get around to reading.
Truly, if a Christian wants to invest wisely in his own growth, this is the best investment he can make at this time.
More than highly recommended!"
- Justin Rawson
Gospel Covenant Publications
Your Servant in Christ (for the Third Reformation),
Dr. Reg Barrow
Still Waters Revival Books
Serving Christians Worldwide (In Over 100 Countries) For 29+ Years
"In the history of the church's sanctification I don't believe there has been a more valuable extra-biblical resource and tool than the Puritan Hard Drive... It holds some of the most priceless Reformed works of God-centered and Christ-glorifying truth that were ever penned." - Dr. Matthew McMahon, A Puritan's Mind
"To have that much information from a consistent, biblical, orthodox, and gospel-centered point of view is simply astonishing. Anyone who admires the Puritans simply must have the Puritan Hard Drive." - Dr. Voddie Baucham, Jr., Voddie Baucham Ministries
"The Puritan Hard Drive has been such a superb blessing to me personally and for my ministry, that I lack words to adequately praise the Lord!" - Richard Bennett (former Roman Catholic priest who is now a preacher of monergistic Reformation truth), Berean Beacon
Heaven: A World of God's Love, Joy, Perfect Peace, etc. by Jonathan Edwards, With Related Reformation Resources On Heaven and Hell by Paul Washer, Charles Spurgeon, Greg Price, John MacArthur, John Bunyan, Dr. Steven Dilday & Many Others
God's Grace & Mercy by Charles H. Spurgeon, 13 Free MP3s, With Related Free Reformation MP3s, Videos & Books